Training courses are open to all. Please contact a member of our team to discuss pricing. If you are interested in attending any of our courses then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to a farm vet or reception team member.
Explore below and get in touch to find out more!
Beef & Sheep
The beef and sheep course is Red Tractor accredited and meets the recommendations set out for QMS accreditation. The course is led by our Clinical Director Neil Fox and attendees will cover the following:
- Recognising different classes of veterinary medicines and why they are used.
- Appreciating the legal responsibilities of medicine usage and storage on farm.
- Consideration of factors that are important in making these treatment choices (e.g. spectrum of activity, penetration, treatment length, route, safety, cost, withdrawals, and likelihood of resistance).
- Gain a greater understanding of the challenges and pressures facing the livestock industry with respect to long term antibiotic usage.
- Gain a greater understanding of safe and responsible use of medicines and the prevention of antimicrobial resistance.
Dairy - Milksure
The majority of our dairy farms have completed the initial Milksure training, however if there is a demand for business owners or dairy staff to attend a course then we will run one this year.
We offer Export Health Certification services across a wide range of products and destinations.
We have experienced Official Veterinarians at Clyde Vet Group in both Stirling and Lanark and offer Export Health Certification (EHC) services across a wide range of products and destinations as well as certification of animals prior to travelling abroad, foodstuffs, compounds and germplasm. We offer one off exports through to long-term contracts.
Contact Iain at Stirling, 01786 231199, if you have any enquiries about exporting animal products.
The hassle free way to secure your livestock’s health
We are aware that you are getting busier, with less time to plan, organise and implement effective health care strategies, and this is why we have introduced the VetTech service. The team can carry out the small things that take time or simply require an extra set of hands once or twice a month.
Vaccinations : Healthier calves from stress free vaccinations
Disbudding : Our VetTech will only disbud calves up to six weeks old.
Drying Off : The risk of new infection is greatest in the 1st week after drying off and in the 3 weeks prior to calving
Transition Checks : Our VetTech can monitor your cows for signs of subclinical ketosis
Mobility Scoring : Our VetTech is trained according to AHDB standards to assess the levels of mobility of all cows in your herd
Fluke & Worm Egg Count : Optimise your worming treatments
Youngstock Performance Monitoring : We offer a full youngstock performance monitoring package
Dairy Health Tracker : We offer a full health tracking service as part of our new DigiFarm service
Fly Control : A sustainable approach to fly control