We treat a wide range of eye conditions at our clinic and can deal with these quickly and effectively.
Having a painful eye is a particularly unpleasant problem for your pet and is often associated with high levels of discomfort and risk of progressing to more severe disease rapidly with many conditions.
We treat a wide range of eye conditions at our clinic and can deal with these quickly and effectively. We are well equipped with a good selection of medication and tools that allow for accurate diagnosis and monitoring. These include:
· Direct ophthalmoscope: The main tool used to look at all the structures of the eye from front to the back.
· Tonometer: Allows for accurate measurement of the pressure within the eye. It is vital in the treatment and monitoring of glaucoma but can be very useful in other conditions as well.
· Optical viewing lens: Used to see a larger field of view of the structures at the back of the eye.
· Electrolysis: A machine designed to destroy hair follicles, usually used in the treatment of distichiasis, a condition that involves extra eyelashes that rub against the surface of the eye.
Some of the conditions we commonly see and manage are:
· Corneal ulcers and foreign bodies
· Dry eye (keratoconjunctivitis sicca)
· Eyelid surgery (entropion and eyelid tumours)
· Cherry eye