We have modern facilities and many years of experience performing surgeries on horses.
We have a large modern operating room for general anaesthetic operations.
In the course of any year the practice undertakes over 125 general anaesthetics.
Common surgeries undertaken include:
· Arthroscopy (keyhole of joints)
· Tenoscopy (keyhole of tendon sheaths)
· Bursoscopy of the navicular bursae
· PDS pinning for the treatment of OCD
· Fracture repair
Upper respiratory problems, including:
· Tie back
· Tie forward
Routine surgical treatments undertaken are:
· Colic surgery
· Treatment for sarcoids
· Treatment for rigg (cryptorchid)
· Correction of angular limb deformity in foals
With the development of equine sedation more and more equine surgeries are undertaken whilst the horse is standing.
Common procedures we undertake include:
· Foot surgery, including keratoma, infected pedal bone and treatment of white line disease
· Laser treatment of sarcoids
· Laser Hob Day surgery
· Dental treatment including fillings, extractions and diastemata treatment